Last updated: September 12, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information: You may provide information to us which may include:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Account data, such as the username and password that you may use to establish an online account with us.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Order and purchase history, including your interactions with our checkout page.
- Payment details, such as your payment card number, bank account number and shipping address. We rely on external banking and merchant services providers to process these payments, and we do not have access to payment card numbers.
- Subscriber survey data, including the information you provide when you fill out surveys, and recordings of video or voice chats with our marketing team.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications (e.g. newsletter) and details about your engagement with them.
- Health data, such as your condition and disease information, symptom trackers, social habits, risk factors, allergies, medications, family and personal history, past surgical details, etc. How this information is used internally by Revivele, and how it is carefully protected is defined in our Terms & Conditions.
Third party sources: We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
- Marketing partners, such as companies that have entered into joint marketing relationships with us.
Automatic data collection: We, our service providers, and our business partners, using conventional best practices available today, may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our websites, online services and our communications, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our websites, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies: Our Services may use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser, in connection with specific applications.
Web beacons: A growing standard in the industry, these beacons also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked. We may use beacons to support affiliate or sponsors who have referred you to our website (and in reverse, our affiliates and sponsors may do the same).
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide, operate and improve our Services and our business;
- Process your payments and complete transactions with you; and
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Help coordinate delivery of services on your behalf (e.g. mobile phlebotomy or testing services)
Improve, monitor, personalize, and protect our Services: It is in our legitimate business interests to improve and keep our services safe for our users, which includes:
- Understanding your needs and interests, and personalizing your experience with the Services and our communications;
- Engaging in surveys and recording our video and audio chats with consumers;
- Troubleshooting, testing and research to keep the services secure; and
- Investigating and protecting against cyber attacks and fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Research and development: We may use personal information for research and development purposes in our legitimate business interests, including to analyze and improve our Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising: We, our service providers, and our third party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Revivele-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications at any time.
Except where consent is required, we undertake such marketing and advertising on the basis of our legitimate business interest. Where we seek your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Compliance and protection: We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including:
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services;
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following entities listed below.
Service providers: Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as telemedicine consultations, mobile phlebotomy or testing services, web hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Payment processors: When you make a purchase at Revivele, your payment card information is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as Stripe or FiServ. We do not record or maintain payment card or bank account details. These payment processors may use your payment data in accordance with their privacy policies.
Professional advisors: Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others: Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees: Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Revivele (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Privacy Rights and Choices
Account choices: If you have a Revivele Health Hub account, you can review and update certain account information by logging into your account. Registered users may also contact us to request deletion of their account and certain personal information.
Opt-out of marketing communications: You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the emails you receive from us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Limits on your choices: In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Online tracking opt-out: There are a number of ways to limit the tracking of your online activity and collection of device data through automated means, which we have summarized below for your convenience:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Updating your SNS settings. To stop sharing your information with Facebook and other SNS with whom Revivele, or others, permits you to connect your account, please modify your privacy settings on those platforms.
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
– Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
– Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.
Other Sites and Services
Our Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
International Data Transfer
You may provide personal information directly to our website in the United States. We may also transfer personal information from Europe to our affiliates and service providers in the United States and other jurisdictions. Please note that such jurisdictions may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws in your home country.
When we engage in cross-border data transfers, we will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for personal information and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular by relying on an EU Commission or UK government adequacy decision or on contractual protections for the transfer of personal information. For more information about how we transfer personal information internationally, please contact us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
How to Contact Us
Revivele, Inc. is the entity responsible for the processing of personal information and is the data controller in respect of such processing. You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following postal addresses:
777 Brickell Ave. Ste 500
Miami, FL 33131